How do I retain my high performers, and develop capabilities within my senior executives?
Investing in and developing existing employees is often a wiser option than replacing them.
Assessing the core strengths and development areas of your senior staff is essential to business growth. Unlocking potential in executives creates greater business performance and personal engagement.
The triggers for a timely assessment process or programme to be conducted often include;
- Support in response to executive promotion and transition to a broader leadership role
- The need to understand the suitability for a candidate’s re-deployment in other areas of your business
- Re-energising ‘plateaued’ or disengaged staff
- Leadership development
- Assessment in response to development points identified in internal appraisal processes
- A benchmarking process to prepare for executive coaching
- A developmental approach to Training Needs Analysis across management tiers
- Addressing work-life balance
- Career transition and career development planning
Thompson Dunn has proven experience in delivering international and global development programmes. Our assessment delivery combines our consultant’s experience of organisational consulting, interpretation of psychometric instruments, psychological knowledge, and highly developed interviewing and observational skills. The result is that, through increased self-awareness, managers are more motivated, focused and energised to act for themselves on their development points.
Our premium assessment services provide space for clients to explore, within their work context, how their thinking and behavioural preferences impact on performance.
A full psychological development report is written for each candidate with proposals for a development plan. This personal development plan is discussed and put together as part of the assessment process.
Areas for assessment include;
- Verbal, Numerical and Abstract reasoning abilities
- Strategic thinking capability
- Leadership styles
- Team type preferences
- Decision Making Analysis
- Thinking Styles
- Creative attributes
- Communication styles with staff, peers and managers
- Job and candidate ‘fit’
- Dynamism, and resilience
- Man management skills
- Emotional intelligence
Assessments can be ‘tailored’ to your specific organisational needs, or to focus in on individuals’ development needs.